So I’m often asked, “Is it worth the money?”
Here are 5 reasons to go Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party:
1. The special decorations and park soundtrack. Disney goes all out, as usual, and everything from the ice cream carts to the soft drink cups to the cast members are decked out in Halloween finery. And the usual atmosphere soundtrack is changed to fit the theme, as well.
2. Happy Hallowishes Fireworks. You can only see this show featuring the Grim Grinning Ghosts on party nights. It features 360-degree fireworks, which only happen during special events at the Magic Kingdom.
3. Boo-to-You parade. This Halloween parade is one of my favorites Disney parades of all time. The soundtrack is so fun, and you get everything from Donald Duck in costume to a drill team of dancing grave diggers. And find your parade-watching spot early, so you don’t miss the Headless Horseman riding through a few minutes before the parade begins.
4. Special character greetings. Want a picture with the Queen of Hearts or Goofy dressed in an astronaut costume? This party is one of few opportunities to get those special picks.
5. A fairly empty park. Ticket sales are more limited for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, and you can expect to walk right on most rides throughout the evening.
So is it worth it? If it’s your first trip to Walt Disney World, maybe not. But if you love the Magic Kingdom and want to see it in a whole new light, then I recommend this splurge.
Make your reservations now and remember that October is a big convention month at Walt Disney World, so don’t wait too long!